Cabinville Log Cabins, Summerhouses, BBQ Cabins and more
Frequently Asked Questions
- What wall log thickness is most suitable for a home office?
Cabinville recommend a minimum thickness of 44 milli-metres for a home office.
- Should I insulate my cabin?
Cabinville recommend the floor and roof should be insulated. Instructions on how to insulate your cabin are provided with order confirmation.
- Is the timber treated?
All cabins are delivered with pressure-impregnated foundation beams. The cabins must be treated immediately after construction.
- Where can I purchase the finishing stain treatment?
Cabinville supplies a range of timber finishing stains in a range of 24 colours. Please contact Cabinville for further details.
- Do I need planning permission for my cabin?
In most cases planning permission is not required if the building is under 30 metres square. Please see our page on planning permission for more information – Log Cabin Planning permission. You should always contact your local Council for further advice and confirmation of the local planning regulations. Please note we can supply all cabins under 2.5m ridge height which complies with the new planning regulations.
- What is the best way to lay a base for my cabin?
For cabins under 30 metres2 sharp sand and paving slab base can be used. For larger cabins a concrete base must be used.
- What type of wood are the cabins manufactured from?
First class Northern European pine only is used.
- Are the floors included in the price of the cabins?
The price of the floor is included with most suppliers.
- Are there a choice of roof shingle colours?
Cabinville offer a choice of green, red and black roof shingles.
- How long will it take for my cabin to be delivered?
Cabinville’s range of cabins 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Finnforest and Vudas are normally delivered within 10 working days.
- How can I place an order?
Please call our experienced sales team on 01379 687 467
- What deposit is required to place an order?
A deposit of 25% is required to place an order. This can be paid by Maestro/debit card, cheque or credit card.
- When is the balance required?
Balance is due 7 days prior to delivery this can be paid by Maestro/debit card, cheque or credit card (please note that a 3% transaction charge will be added to the final balance if paid by credit card).
- Can I change the doors and windows from the standard package?
Cabinville offer a range of doors and windows which can replace the standard package (please see cabin options for full range). Finnforest and Vudas cabins come with standard doors and windows. Additional doors and windows can be purchased.
- How easy are the cabins to build?
The cabins are very easy to build they are built like a giant jigsaw. Each cabin comes with assembly instructions. You must be DIY minded though!!!!
- What happens if I get stuck when building?
Our technical team are always on hand for advice.
- Can Cabinville arrange to get my cabin built?
We have a team of recommended contractors who are available to lay the base, insulate and erect your cabin. Please call our sales team for further details.
- Are the cabins available double glazed?
A number of cabins are available double glazed please look at additional options on our website.
- If there is not a cabin in your range that meets our requirements, do you make bespoke cabins?
Yes, as long as you supply us with a floor plan we can build the cabin to your exact requirements.
- Can the cabins be used for permanent residency?
Cabinville, Vudas and Finnforest log cabins are not suitable for permanent residency as they do not meet the building regulations for houses. They can be used for occasional guest accommodation. Please see our range of Manufactured Residential Homes for permanent residential use.
- Are your range of Manufactured Residential Homes suitable for permanent residency?
Our Manufactured Residential Homes comply with building standards. All external doors and windows are wooden, double glazed with locking handles. Escape windows from bedrooms meeting the British Standard.